Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I could wash my clothes on his stomach

I need to update more. I've been so concerned with updating all the big things that have been happening that I've been neglecting the little things. So I'm going to start blogging about the little things, and bit by bit update the big events, like conferences, travels, and LC visits. They'll be tagged retro so y'all don't get confused.

Just finished watching the Real Madrid vs. AC Milan game of the Champions League (we won 2-0). My goodness, Ronaldo has the body of a Greek god! Also, I was proud that I could tell he is Portuguese (even though I already knew that) based on his accent in Spanish during a post-game interview. Yay me!

Additionally, at the beginning of the month, I was pissed off at the Mercadona (local grocery store) for posting a notice that they would be starting their winter hours a few days later. This basically meant they wouldn't be open by the time I got home from work, and only until 2 pm on Saturdays, closed Sundays. For a country that doesn't get winter, and took all of August off, I was super pissed off. But, it turns out its just the market vendors in the same building who are operating on the new hours, not the grocery store itself. But still, does no one in this country work like a normal* person?

*from my biased North American perspective, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment